Circumstantial Clauses

From: Richard Lindeman (
Date: Mon Aug 19 1996 - 10:52:01 EDT

I have noted that there are several types of circumstantial

1. First there is the circumstantial participle which is
   quite common.
2. Second, there is the articular infinitive which is
   also not uncommon.
3. Occassionally even the regular verb seems to be used
   circumstantially when it is used to form a dependent
Have I missed any circumstantial constructions here?
My conclusion is that it is the formation of a dependent
clause which provides the opportunity of having a
circumstantial construction. Am I correct in this? In
other words, any clause which is formed as dependent
upon the main verb of a sentence can be interpreted

Rich Lindeman

           International Society of Online Christians
            "Meeting the future boldly with Christ!" 2155 Northdale Blvd NW - Coon Rapids, MN 55433