Re: _The Formation of Q_

From: Stephen C. Carlson (
Date: Thu Aug 22 1996 - 23:11:48 EDT

At 10:13 8/22/96 -0400, wrote:
>Jack Kilmon wrote:
>> I would refer you to John S. Kloppenberg, "The Formation of Q:
>>Trajectories in Ancient Wisdom Collections" Studies in Antiquity and
>>Christianity, Phila, Fortress. 1977 ...
>For the interested: CBD is currently offering _The Formation of Q_ for $6.95[!]

Actually, no. They're sold out. For those interested, I have written
a short summary of its thesis at:

and there is a better, longer, and more detailed explanation of it by
Bill Arnal found at, on the Gospel of Thomas homepage:

Stephen Carlson

Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,              : and songs chant the words. :               -- Shujing 2.35