2 Cor 10:2

From: DWILKINS@ucrac1.ucr.edu
Date: Thu Aug 29 1996 - 14:51:54 EDT

Erik, at the risk of repeating what someone else has already said (since I'm
a little behind reading e-mail), a grammatical problem with your interpretation
is how you handle MH. Normally this is only used with the participle when a
condition or potential action is in view, and conversely MH is normally used
with the articular infinitive. You have to argue either that Paul really means
"if I am not present" (not "when"), or that the "when" idea can be justified
here despite the use of MH.

Don Wilkins
UC Riverside