Re: Critical Methods List

From: Stephen C. Carlson (
Date: Fri Aug 30 1996 - 01:14:59 EDT

At 08:31 8/27/96 +1200, David and Glennis Cashmore wrote:
>Sounds like a great idea to me.
>Would it cover "all" methods (excluding textual I assume)?
>e.g. source, form, tradition, redaction, literary, structural, canonical

Yes, it would cover all methods as you have described. Although I
would prefer see such a list be run out of a university, I would be
willing to create such a list from my own resources -- if there is a
sufficient demand for a scholarly list about higher (non-textual)
criticism. Is this a viable possibility? Would people join?

Stephen Carlson

Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,              : and songs chant the words. :               -- Shujing 2.35