From: A K M Adam (
Date: Tue Sep 17 1996 - 09:48:25 EDT

1) HATINA here carries over the "ALLA POLLA" into the EAN clause: "which, if they were written
one by one" (or something like that);

2) Isn't TON KOSMON the accusative of reference functioning as the subject of CWRHSAI for indirect

3) OIMAI is not an infinitive, but a first-person middle form: "it seems to me" (lexical form

Added up, I make the phrase something like this (hyperliterally): "Not the world itself (it seems to
me) has room for the books that would be written."

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam
Princeton Theological Seminary

"To translate is human; to parse, divine