Re: inconcinnities

From: Stephen C. Carlson (
Date: Tue Sep 24 1996 - 20:19:27 EDT

I looked this up in my Webster's Ninth New Collegiate:

inconcinnity (ca. 1616): lack of suitability or congruity : INELEGENCE

Its antonym's definition seems more useful:

concinnity (1531): harmony or elegance of design esp. of literary style
    in adaptation of parts to a whole or to each other

I hope this helps.

Stephen Carlson

Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,              : and songs chant the words. :               -- Shujing 2.35