Re. John 6:69

From: evans@mail.gld.com
Date: Thu Oct 10 1996 - 14:57:30 EDT

James,
You wrote,

> John 6.42: "Isn't this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother
>we recognize?" (i.e., know by sight)

>and then later, in John 6.69, Peter says

> "and we have committed [ourselves] and have come to know that you
> are God's Holy One."

>-- i.e., "we figured it out and still realize it."

I really appreciate the input. It seems to me that you have captured
the sense of John 6:69. Having studied the context for several weeks
now, I believe you're right on the money here. Thanks again.

I am a little less sure about the use of the synonyms in John 21, but
that isout f m the scope of my present study at the moment.

Paul F. Evans
Pastor
Thunder Swamp P. H. Church
North Carolina
evans@mail.gld.com
(Endeavouring to make use of NT Greek in a real live ministry!)