Re: memorizing vocabulary

From: Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church (pauld@iclnet93.iclnet.org)
Date: Fri Oct 04 1996 - 21:47:13 EDT

Chris:

Here is one idea that worked for me. Have them memorize long portions of
scripture in the Greek. During my first elective Greek course, Pastoral
Epistles, I memorized Titus (not for class credit, but solely on my own).
Anyhow, it really helped put things together for me grammatically,
syntactically, as well as vocabulary wise. I chose that book because we
were studying it, actually writing our own commentaries on it. A lot of
hapax legomena, of course, so I'd probably do something else if starting
over.

Paul S. Dixon, Pastor "Negative Inference Fallacies of
Ladd Hill Bible Church Acts 2:38, Mt 19:9, and 1 Cor 11:5"
Wilsonville, OR http://users.aol.com/dixonps/nif.htm