Good Greek? (Examples from textbook exercises)

From: Jonathan Robie (74144.2360@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 1996 - 19:17:18 EDT

I'm working my way systematically through Hewett's New Testament Greek. Today, I
ran into three sentences I had questions about:

1. hH KALH PARQENOS ECEI TEKNON TOU QEOU.

I am not sure if this is ambiguous. It could mean "the beautiful virgin will
have a child of God". If this refers to childbearing, would a more specific verb
than ECEI need to be used? Could this same sentence be used to refer to a woman
who will marry a son of God?

I notice that Matthew 1:23 mentions that she will ECEI EN GASTRI and TECETAI a
son.

2. hOSOI PISTEUOUSIN TOUS LOGOUS TOUS TOU KURIOU TON QEON BLEYOUSIN.

Can anybody help me parse TOUS LOGOUS TOUS TOU KURIOU? The second TOUS throws me
for a loop.

3. hH hODOS hH hETERA AXEI TAS YUXAS THS EREMOU EIS THN ZWHN THS DIKAIAS.

The key translates TAS YUXAS THS EREMOU as "the living creatures of the desert".
Louw and Nida discuss YUXAS ZWHS as "living creature", but not YUXAS alone. Can
this phrase really be translated this way?

Thanks!

Jonathan
(Still hungry, still little...)