Re: Luke 2:14: en uyistois qew, en anqrwpois eudokias

Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 16:43:10 EST

In a message dated 11/20/96 03:49:50, (Jonathan Robie)

<<OK, I thought I could parse this, and then someone pointed out that
is plural. Why plural?

Luke 2:14 (GNT) doxa en uyistois qew kai epi ghs eirhnh en anqrwpois

Nothing seems to agree with it. DOXA is singular. QEW is singular. GHS is
singular. ANQRWPOIS is plural, but masculine. And this is Luke, who is
supposed to write good Greek.

Any hints?>>

Is that how El Elyon is translated in the LXX? That could be the answer!

Gregory Yeager