Re: Jabberwocky

From: Mark B. O'Brien (obrienmb@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 1996 - 16:36:53 EST

On Sat, 07 Dec 1996 16:17:48 -0500 Jonathan Robie
<jwrobie@mindspring.com> writes:
>I've seen Jabberwocky translated into German and French - can we do it
>in
>Koine Greek?
>I think it starts with:
>
>BRILLIG ESTIN...
>
>Now where does it go from there? The original begins:
>
>Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
>Did gire and gimble in the wabe
>All mimsey were the borogroves
>And the mome rathes outgrabe

Where did I put that lexicon....

Mark.

Mark O'Brien
"Short-timer", Dallas Theological Seminary
Adjunct Professor, Dallas Christian College
-----
"I have always thought that the acquisition of language and culture gave
a person completely new aspects of personality." -- Head of Humanities
and Art, Worcester Polytechnic Institute