Re: language and science

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 1996 - 07:48:53 EST

At 12:36 AM 12/14/96 -0500, Greekroy@aol.com wrote:
>Jonathan,
>
> I followed Andrew fairly well, and I followed you until "Kukuyu", uh, it is
>not in my dictionary could you help me out.

Sorry! The Kukuyu are a tribe in Kenya. When I saw mention of this language,
it stuck in my memory, since I once roomed with a Kukuyu and even learned a
few words of that language. My roommate's name was Wathiga Gachugu, and it
isn't pronounced anything like what you might think...it took me a long time
to master his name.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728