Re: Bible Translations

From: Allyson Essex (allyson@crt.net.au)
Date: Tue Jan 21 1997 - 23:13:35 EST

I like the NRSV, NASB and NIV for me for study, the NIV for preaching
from, the CEV for people who want to read a version they understand and
new christians. The CEV or NIV both work for reading aloud

I haven't used the KJV since I discovered some of my congregation
thought it was called the authorised version because it was the only one
authorised by God (and when I gave them a comprehension test they had
understood less than 20% of the passage)

Regards

Allyson