Re: hEAUTOIS

From: Randy Leedy (RLEEDY@wpo.bju.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 14:33:11 EST

I was just reading at the end of Eph. 4 and saw somthing that seems
to bear on this thread, which I haven't followed closely (perhaps
someone has already cited this passage?). Here the reflexive must be
2nd person; I suppose it will offend Carl's grammatical
sensibilities, but it seems to be just the construction that he
couldn't swallow, if I was reading him correctly. Or maybe this one
is OK because it obviously refers to mutual interaction in a group
rather than an individualistic thing? Sorry; I don't know the exact
nature of the discussion, and I can't take time right now to bring
myself up to speed. I just wanted to inject this reference for
whatever it's worth.

In Love to God and Neighbor,
Randy Leedy
Bob Jones University