Multiple Language fluency

From: Russ P. Reeves (russ-reeves@uiowa.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 20:39:45 EST

I am trying to acquire reading proficiency in a new language (new to me,
that is). There has been considerable discussion on this list about the
best methods for new language acquisition, but does anyone have any
suggestions on methods to retain ability in the languages I already know
while learning a new one? Review, of course, would be number one, but
occasionally I find that I will mix the two languages (a vocabulary item, or
an unusual grammatical rule). Any suggestions?

 Russ Reeves
   mailto:russ-reeves@uiowa.edu