Re: Papyri & Parchments

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 21:28:49 EST

John Neal ( wrote:

> Could anyone point me to any sites you know of that house readable
> digitized photographs of papyri and/or parchments?

Here are two web sites dedicated to papyrology. The first is the
Duke papyrus archives; the second is associated with University
of Michigan:

Brown University has a page on textual criticism which contains several
such images. You can see the table of contents here:

One of their exercises involves John 1:3 - should it read OUDE hEN, or OUDEN?
They show the images of this text in various manuscripts of different types:

Alexandrian text type:

Western text type:

Byzantine text type:

Here are the text critical questions they suggest you use:

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email:, <--- shockwave enabled!