TLG question

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Tue Mar 11 1997 - 08:50:08 EST

I am using the TLG on Macintosh at Baylor (using Pandora, I think(?)--the
icon name is "Launching Pad"), and have questions for those knowledgeable
(spelling?) in its use. I am looking for ways Greek authors used
succession language (DIATIQJMI, APWLEIPW, etc.) This search has
dissertation implications.

1.) If I enter DIATIQJMI, will the search bring up any and all forms of
the verb, or will it only bring up PAI-1s? Do I have to enter every form
for every verb if I want to catch every use?

I've been working under the impression that the above is true--that I
needed to enter every form. Thus I've been searching for
fragments--_APWLEIP, _APELIP, etc. (The underscore represents a space at
the beginning of the entry, which--if I understand the online
documentation, the only documentation available to me--causes the engine to
search for fragments BEGINNING with APWLEIP, etc.) Is this the only way to
do what I'm trying to do?

2.) Is there a TLG equivalent for the Latin corpus?

Grace and peace ("Puzzled in Peoria")

Perry L. Stepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. candidate, Baylor University

"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional
values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception
which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                                Phaedo 69b