Re: How to get the kind of discussion you want

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 09:54:16 EDT

Jonathan Robie wrote:
> In the last few days, several people have remarked that the discussion on
> aspect is too theoretical and not helpful in really understanding the Bible;
> [...]

My vote is that this is precisely how it should be.

There are literally dozens of lists for "understanding the Bible". So far
as I'm aware, B-Greek is the only one which is for --and which
consistently contains-- linguistic discussion of NT (and more generally
Biblical) Greek.

Furthermore to disagree with an earlier poster, it is incorrect that the
end result of such linguistic discussion "must be theology". On the
contrary I would argue that, while it may not be strictly true that
discussion of such topics have absolutely no place on a list such as
B-Greek, they should certainly be kept to a minimum.

--
Nichael Cramer
work: ncramer@bbn.com