Re: Winer, Winer-Moulton

From: Rod Decker (
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 17:47:40 EDT

>From: James Ernest <>
>A question that arises out of a current project: Would I be wrong in
>assuming that just about nobody in the USA really has access to or uses
>Winer-Moulton or any other English translation of Winer's Grammatik
>des neutestamentlichen Sprachidioms?

It is certainly hard to find a copy to buy. I'd guess that most theological
libraries have a copy, so it is not inaccessible in that regard. On the
other hand, there are possibly several generations of Greek students that
have never had a convenient, affordable opportunity to buy a copy. If your
"current project" involves the possibility of Hendrickson reprinting an
English edition of Winer, I'd vote YES. Winer has been superceeded in some
areas, but I think it is still of sufficient value to warrant a reprint.

 Rodney J. Decker Asst. Prof./NT Baptist Bible Seminary Clarks Summit, PA