Re: Wenham (less, rather than more)

From: Stephen C. Carlson (
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 23:32:55 EDT

At 10:53 6/3/97 -0400, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>Aye, and from whom those liberals might also learn something. Wenham's book
>on synoptic criticism is very nicely reasoned, whether or not one agrees
>with it, and it is free from that strident tone that marks much of what
>Linnemann and Farmer have written.

This is a short to let you know that I haven't given up on my critique of
Linnemann. Although my extracurricular time (as it were) has been some-
what constrained due to my new employment as a patent attorney, I also
decided to devote a section to explaining the factual basis behind the
conclusion of a literary interrelationship among the Synoptics. My goal
is to finish it before I move (from Reston, VA to Springfield, VA) at the
end of the month, but only God knows as Origen might remark. I'll let you
know though when it happens.

Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,              : and songs chant the words. :               -- Shujing 2.35