Re: Anybody for Greek?

From: Lance Crimm (Lance_Crimm@daystar.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 10:20:44 EDT

Mail*Link(r) Remote RE>Anybody for Greek?
I also have some brief, non-qualified opinions.
I agree especially about the Thiering stuff. I am sorry that the
Bible divides some; however, I would like to appeal to the Greek
New Testament Text in order to learn things that apply to our daily
lives. If you are saying that we should only read the GNT for
reading sake (which I hope you are not), then I think we will
fall in to the trap of debating over what an article means in
a particular text too much. A little is fine and finding out
what the consensus on KAI EUTHUS means is another interesting
phrase we discussed. But I think we need to be careful to not
only discuss, but also take what we discuss and learn. The
"Wondering" subject I introduced was regarding the study of
the genealogies in Matt. and Luke. I am reading them in the
GReek and English to try and resolve them. Naturally, it is wise
to take a look at other texts which support various theories.

Now another more specific GNT question for all of us...
Nevermind I will send it next with a different subject heading.
Thanks,
Lance