RE: "ARAMAIC, GREEK..."

From: Peter Phillips (p.m.phillips@cliff.shef.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 14:17:03 EDT

I wonder whether your posting is fair on the Aramaic language - as it was
so close to Hebrew it too would have included the "And...And...And behold"
structure which you assign to Hebrew. What difference does it make anyway
whether the text was Hebraic or Aramaic? The extant texts are all Greek!!!

Pete Phillips,
Cliff College, Sheffield, England

p.m.phillips@cliff.shef.ac.uk
http://champness.shef.ac.uk/