Machen's textbook

From: Rod Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 07:40:07 EDT

In orig. msg., "Subscribe now to free Greek class on net" it was said:

>In the meanwhile, if you have not purchased Machen's book, "New Testament
>Greek for Beginners" you should try to do so by Sept 1. It costs around
>$43 (the price I was quoted when I called the local Christian bookstore
>last week). Paul Nanson is putting the book on-line and assures me that

I heard recently that Machen was being reprinted at a less objectionable
price, I think by Kregel.

I must admit that I'm not sure why anyone would choose Machen with the
newer options available. Familiarity might be the only reason. Machen
served its generation well, but I think it has been superceeded.

Rod

 Rodney J. Decker Baptist Bible Seminary
 Asst. Prof./NT P O Box 800
 rdecker@bbc.edu Clarks Summit PA 18411