Re: Lexicon

From: Ben Crick (
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 21:59:21 EDT

On Wed 13 Aug 97 (13:03:45), wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a lexicon for NT Greek for use with students in
> the first year or two?

 I once had /A Manual Lexicon of NT Greek/ by somebody called Abbott IIRC.
 It was very "useful" from AARWN thru WFELIMOS, until I graduated to Arndt &
 Gingrich in my third year. Then I gave my Abbott away to an impecunious

 What about BM Metzger's /Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek/?
 Cushing-Malloy Inc., Ann Arbor MI, 1958. "OU POLL ALLA POLU" (flysheet).
 Very useful for rote learning of vocabulary.

 Revd Ben Crick, BA Bristol, 1963 (hons in Theology)