Re: Computer virus - IMPORTANT!!!

From: Eric Weiss (
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:11:43 EDT

On my Web page I have a link to an April 18 news article about Computer
virus hoaxes which contains a link to the U.S. Department of Energy's
Computer Incident Advisory Capability team page on virus hoaxes. You can
read the article at my Web site or go directly to the linked virus hoax
page at:

There you will find a discussion of the Join the Crew and PENPAL
viruses/virii that are the subject of this message b-greek received.
They consider PENPAL a total hoax, and "Join the Crew" harmless unless
one executes any attachment. Any time a new "virus alert" comes up, one
should probably check this DOE page first.

"Eric S. Weiss"