Bibliographic query (Simcox, Lang./NT)

From: Rod Decker (
Date: Thu Aug 28 1997 - 17:00:33 EDT

I'm trying to locate proper bibliographic information for William Henry
Simcox's *The Language of the NT*. I have a 1980 reprint edition by Alpha
Publications, Winona Lake, Ind., but it gives no info (publisher or date)
on the original edition from which it was reprinted.

I have found web/catalog references to an 1897 edition by Hodder and
Stoughton, a 2d edition published by T. Whittaker with date marked as
[1890?] in NY and a 4th ed. by Hodder and Stoughton (1906).

Does anyone have any idea which edition was reprinted by Alpha? The only
date given is 1889 at the end of the introduction--and that's the year
Simcox died. If there were later editions, who may have edited them?

 Rodney J. Decker Baptist Bible Seminary
 Asst. Prof./NT P O Box 800 Clarks Summit PA 18411 USA