Infinitives in 1 Thess 4:11

From: Loril Hawk (
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 23:27:59 EDT

First, I want to thank everybody who has helped me through this passage--my
first exegetical paper. I have learned so much from each of you. I can't
believe there is such a rich resource as this group. I am now working on
my grammatical analysis and am curious about Paul's abundant use of
infinitives, especially in 4:11. I would think, given the rhetorical genre
that he would have use predominately imperatives. What is the exegetical
significance of the infinitives?