Qualifications of Elders

From: Graeme Codrington (gj.cod@pixie.co.za)
Date: Tue Sep 30 1997 - 03:17:26 EDT

I hope you don't mind a relative newbie to this list jumping straight
in with a question.

I am working through the issue of Biblical eldership, and looking
particularly at 1 Timothy 3. I am specifically attempting to explain
the meanings of the Greek terms found there, and how we should
interpret and apply them today.

Can you recommend any on-line resources for me to look at?

Please could you also give me your own thoughts on these
requirements, specifically with reference to translation and
application of the Greek text.

Thank you,

Graeme C

Reaching Generation X for Jesus