Re: hendiadys

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 12:18:48 EDT

Brian Wilson wrote;

>The explanation I have for the above is apparently deemed not
>appropriate for discussion on this list :(

Brian,
Your opinion about what explains these texts is perfectly welcome and
appropriate on this list. If you presented it as the only possible
explanation and all other views wrong because they violate your theology,
then there would be trouble.

I repeat what I said before, we have a good list, loosely managed that
allows all who love to study the Greek text of the NT and relevant
literature marvelous opportunities to learn together. Use good judgment
and don't try and bully anyone and what you post will add to us all.

Thanks,

Carlton L. Winbery
Fogleman Professor of Religion
Chair, Division of Religious Studies