RE: Translation for O LOGOS (John 1)?

From: Ben Crick (
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 02:13:29 EDT

On Sat 11 Oct 97 (16:22:19), wrote:
> chicken liver at least has the benefit of being more in touch with the
> "fleshly" material side of logos and does not connote a non-corporeal,
> non substantial (in the philosophical sense of the term) idea such as
> "soul"
> does!!!!

> (though I must, it seems, go on the record as also opposing "chicken
> liver" as a poor selection) :>)

 ROTFL! I never thought I'd see hepatoscopy promoted on a Christian forum! EGW KURIOS ETAZWN KARDIAS, KAI DOKIMAZWN NEFROUS, ktl (Jeremiah 17:10 LXX). "The king of Babylon... consulted with images, he looked in the liver"
 (Ezekiel 21:21 KJV; the LXX has paraphrased KATASKOPHSASQAI).

 And we're having a chicken dinner at home today...

 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF