From: Mari Broman Olsen (
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 13:10:44 EDT

is the word used in the discussion on LINGUIST awhile back. I think
you could find it if you searched the archives at (I'd recommend the web format, rather than
text). There are other interesting things there, of course. Some
example words from that discussion were Hebrew _BeReK_ 'to bless'
which is usually interpreted as 'to curse' in Job 1; English
_oversight_, _borrow_ (for borrow and lend), and _bad_ ('bad' and,
colloquially, 'good').

Mari Broman Olsen
Research Associate

University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies
3141 A.V. Williams Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

(301) 405-6754 FAX: (301) 314-9658