Re: Re: Re: Resource Material

From: Revcraigh (Revcraigh@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 12:09:45 EST

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your artical; I printed it out so I could take it home last night
and read through it carefully. However many converts you may or may not get to
your way of thinking about middle/passive deponents (so called), your theory
is, at least, reasonable (which is a lot more than I can say about any
discussion I've ever read or heard on the subject). Having dabbled in learning
Spanish, your comparison of Greek/Indoeuropean middle/reflexives to Spanish
reflexives was quite illuminating. As you say, the Spanish reflexive seems to
be the normal means of communicating what we English speakers call a passive
construction. Almost hast thou persuaded me...

Blessed New Year,
Rev. Craig R. Harmon.

As the Maji, so you--
Seek Him born King of the Jews.