Nominativus absolutus

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 1998 - 04:54:18 EST

I received a private post today from a scholar who says that the Nominativus
absolutus does in fact exist. He gave a good bibliography as well as a
citation from Homer (Il 3:211).

Most of the works in this bibliography are in languages I do not read so I am
wondering if anyone on the list would be willing to just give a little thumb
nail sketch of the Nominativus absolutus intended for simple folks.

This would probably benefit several people on the list.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

Post Script

Perhaps this private post could be made a public one for the benefit of others on the list.