Re: Eph. 2:8-10

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 09:25:34 EST

At 08:13 AM 1/22/98 -0600, Carl William Conrad wrote:

>by the way, I'm wondering if I worded my response yesterday on the JW
>thing too bluntly for McKay. The fellow who offered (politely) to send me
>his book on JW scriptural interpretation was Greg Stafford. He teaches, I
>think, at U.of Minn. and he's the one who used the e-name, "Apokrisis."

No, your response did not strike me as too blunt. I probably wouldn't have
raised the BibAnswerMan topic, which is a red herring, but I tend to avoid
unnecessary sources of conflict. If, for some reason, you were talking to
someone who would side with the BibAnswerMan, your message raises the
question of whether you agree with him or not, which is one of those litmus
things...

Incidentally, as far as litmus tests go, I generally like to avoid them,
but occasionally to refute them. It is kind of like my approach to closed
communion - I refuse to make them guilty of neglecting the Body of Christ,
so I partake. Assume unity, and let cognitive dissonance do its dirty
work...but this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Jonathan

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no