Re: papyrus find in the Western Desert in Egypt

From: Rod Decker (
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 16:42:37 EST

Can anyone supply a URL for "Ceefax" or any other documentable/citable news
note on this announcement? (This will perk up the ears of my students in
Intro to Text. Crit. tomorrow!)

>From: "Brian E. Wilson" <>
>Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:23:42 +0000
>Subject: papyrus find in the Western Desert in Egypt
>Tom Simms wrote:
>Heard a news item this hour on Papyrus find in the Western Desert
>circa 4th C CE. Any more details?
>>The following "Ceefax" bulletin is on our UK national TV news service -
>>Canadian archaeologists have unearthed some 2,000 papyrus scrolls that
>>date to the era when ancient Rome AND ANCIENT GREECE ruled Egypt.

 Rodney J. Decker Baptist Bible Seminary
 Asst. Prof./NT P O Box 800 Clarks Summit PA 18411
 ^This link ~may~ be working--but it was down last I checked :(
 There will probably be a different URL soon.