Re: Luke 22:20

From: George Athas (
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 18:00:04 EST

clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

> My question:
> Is the separation between ECCUNNOMENON and POTHRION one of these kinds of
> issues or is this separation even startling for someone who has read a lot of
> literary Greek?

Speaking as a Greek myself, it does seem quite startling to separate things this much
if indeed they are connected to each other. This is speaking from a modern Greek
perspective, of course, but I think it is worth noting.

Best regards!
George Athas
 PhD (Cand.), University of Sydney
 Tutor of Hebrew, Moore Theological College
Phone: 0414 839 964 ICQ#: 5866591

(Visit the Tel Dan Inscription Website at)