Philemon 6

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 21:47:36 EST

Now I am really painting myself into a corner. If I insist that KOINWNIA is
referring to a personal fellowship between Paul and Philemon, then I have
to re-evaluate my understanding of PISTEWS. Then perhaps instead of taking
it as subjective or objective genitive, I should consider the possiblity
that this may be an epexegetical (explanatory) genitive. The translation
might be something like this:

"My prayer is that the fellowship (we have) of faith might be effective
in/by the knowledge of every good thing
   in us in(to) Christ"

Hmmm... I'll have to think about that for a bit.

Rich Lindeman