From: Hutton, Rod (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 11:20:50 EST
FACULTY SEARCHES IN BIBLE
Trinity Lutheran Seminary
Trinity Lutheran Seminary has instituted searches for faculty in both
Old Testament and New Testament. The decision is open as to which of
these positions will be filled first and when each of these positions
will be filled. These are tenure-track positions with rank and salary
commensurate with experience.
The following criteria will be important in reviewing candidates for
1. A Ph.D. or its equivalent in the appropriate field of biblical
2. Parish experience, but not restricted to experience in ordained
3. Deep loyalty to the life and work of the church and its mission.
4. Compatibility with Lutheran theology. (Candidacy is not
restricted to Lutherans.)
5. Excellence in scholarship.
6. Publications or demonstrated potential for publication.
7. Ability to relate the work of biblical studies to preaching and
other facets of ministry.
8. Effective teaching (a high priority).
9. Good rapport with students.
10. A commitment to collegiality
Further information will soon be available at Trinity's Web-site:
Materials, including three letters of reference, should be sent to the
Academic Dean's office, Trinity Lutheran Seminary, 2199 East Main
Street, Columbus, Ohio 43209.
The deadline for application and nomination is May 30, 1998.
Trinity is an equal opportunity employer. We also encourage broad
ecumenical participation in these searches.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Sat Apr 20 2002 - 15:39:14 EDT