re: Fundamentally flawed

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 13:51:39 EST

With this note I am closing shop on the thread "Fundamentally flawed".
Towards the beginning of this thread I wondered whether many of our
grammatical concepts were fundamentally flawed... because we were failing
to understand the significance of *context* as it relates to these concepts.
But "Fundamentally flawed" is probably too strong a judgement. Perhaps I
should have instead named the thread "Refinements needed." Our
understanding of these things will always need further refinement.

I am still of the opinion that building a framework of contextual
terminology may be very helpful for our understanding of all these issues.
And I still have lots of questions, but will let someone else use up the
bandwidth for awhile.

Blessings,

Rich Lindeman