Romans 7:15 - OU with QELW or PRASSW?

From: Williams, Wes (Wes.Williams@echostar.com)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 11:49:10 EDT

In Romans 7:15,

OU GAR hO` QELW TOUTO PRASSW

For what I do not wish, this I practice vs
For what I wish, this I do not practice.

At first glance, it looks like the OU should modify QELW (I do not
want). But a cursory glance at fifteen English translations reveals that
almost all of them take the OU with PRASSW (I do not practice). Why do
most translations take the OU with PRASSW?

Now that I typed the question I think I see the answer, but will pose
the question anyway (many problems are solved by merely identifying the
question). Is it due to the ALLA clause that follows, which contrasts
the above clause with "rather, that which I hate, this I practice?
Therefore, since a contrast is present, it argues that the OU should go
with PRASSW since this would form a contrasting statement. Is this the
reason or is there another?

Thank you,
Wes Williams