Re: Jn 21:15-17 (and getting woollier..)

From: S. L. Kull (
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 09:44:26 EDT

> >I'm wondering what the actual words uttered by Christ might have been,
> >assuming He spoke in Aramaic. Any thoughts?
> >
> It doesn't matter. The story is a Johannine construct.
> Jim

Comments such as this have an edge to them that would not be
acceptable if they were made from a "different" perspective. Please
remember that b-greek comprises people of many different faith
commitments and different views as to the veracity and authenticity
of the text. We are called upon to interact with the text in a way
that is respectful of these different views, and your comment here--
and sometimes in other posts-- is of the "in your face" variety.

Had you not wanted to speculate on the answer to the question,
silence would have been golden.

S. L. Kull
Assistant to the President

Biblical Theological Seminary