(no subject)

From: cjgag@imap4.asu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 14:42:49 EDT

     I'd like to know your thoughts on "pisteuo," the Greek word for
believe that Christ uses in John 3:16 among other places. Many today say
that the Biblical idea of belief in Christ does not include any type of
commitment or submission to Christ's lordship. They claim that the true
meaning of "pisteuo" supports their claims. However, I can hardly
believe this, especially in light of Jesus's commands to take up one's
cross and follow him. Your thoughts are more than welcome.