Re: Jn 7:28, 30; ELHLUQA ... ELHLUQEI

From: Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 02 1998 - 02:15:48 EDT

On Fri, 1 May 1998 13:26:59 -0500 "Carl W. Conrad"

<snip>

>The forms would not be identical in any case. Here are the paradigms
> Perfect Pluperfect
> ELHLUQA ELHLUQAMEN ELHLUQEIN ELHLUQEMEN
> ELHLUQAS ELHLUQATE ELHLUQEIS ELHLUQETE
> ELHLUQE(N) ELHLUQASI(N) ELHLUQEI ELHLUQESAN
>These at any rate are the more common Koine forms. The Perfect active
>is
>conjugated with A Primary endings, whereas the Pluperfect active is
>conjugated basically upon the Perfect active stem in E-,
>athematically.

Much thanks, Carl. Actually, someone else (not on the list) had asked
about the morphology of the pluperfect. You answered that question.
I'll be sure to give you credit for it. My question was related to it,
and stimulated by the first question. You answered that one as well.

Boy, there must be a better way to email conjugations so they don't get
messed up in the transfer. Not being critical, just wondering.

Paul Dixon

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]