Re: Revised footers

From: Larry Swain (
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 18:40:46 EDT

At 02:51 PM 6/5/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Of course, now that it may actually be too late, I've just notice what may
>be a problem:
>The proposed form of the footers may be handy (e.g. for unsubscribing, but
>I suspect they will quickly become problematic for the following reasons).
>In the footer are forms like the following:
>These forms are only meaningful for those (poor, benighted ;-) souls who
>are reading their mail in a browser (especially this last one).
To a degree: it also makes sense if one is using Eudora, Pegasus, or any
other email program for Win95, Win 3.1, or Mac in so far as I know.
However, if one is using DOS, or Unix, based programs, then you are quite
correct, the html tags are problematic. But I would hope that those who are
using Pine, Elm and the like would read the "mailto:" as an instruction and
understand it that way. What do others think?

Larry Swain

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]