Re: Mark 2:23b

From: Micheal Palmer (
Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 00:42:45 EDT

At 3:34 AM -0000 6/15/98, Tolliver Family wrote:
>auton is accusative because this is an example of indirect speech ,
>accusative plus infinitive. It happened that....

Actually, it would be accusative whether or not it were not indirect
discourse. AUTON is accusative because (1) it is the subject of the
infinitive PARAPOREUESQAI and (2) it is *not* coreferential with the
subject of the governing main verb (EGENTETO).

Micheal W. Palmer
Religion & Philosophy
Meredith College

Visit the Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway at
You can also access my online bibliography of Greek Linguistics at

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]