Re: DANKER 3rd Ed / Alsop

Date: Mon Jun 15 1998 - 14:10:16 EDT

Jonathan writes (about 3rd edition of Bauer-in-English):

>I just checked this out with Frederick Danker, who confirms that he is in
>the last stages of editing the galleys, and says that the University of
>Chicago Press has listed it in their November catalog.

>This is great news!

It certainly is great news. But be wary: 2 1/2 years ago I took Fred
Danker to dinner, where he told me exactly what he told Jonathan, and
the University of Chicago Press said it would be ready for April 1996
catalog. (It wasn't.)

But let us all pray that this time it really happens!

Edward Hobbs

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]