Re: Snorting, sniffing, groaning, bowels, and emotions...

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (
Date: Sat Jun 20 1998 - 18:23:19 EDT

At 17:04 20/06/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Help! Isn't there another verb like EMBRIMAOMAI that is also used to
>describe a snorting kind of sound that a horse makes as well as to express
>indignation or anger? I seem to recall having run into one that is used in
>the gospels, but I can't find it now...

Perhaps you are thinking of
 QUMOOMAI [Herod's anger in Mt. 2:16]

Acts seems to abound in verbs of anger, of one kind or another.:
 PAROCUNOMAI (Ac 17:16) is an example.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[ Bray, Ireland ]

Confucius said: "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study
is dangerous."
Analects 2:15

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,