Re: Couple o' quick questions

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 11:17:49 EDT

At 10:11 AM 6/23/98 -0700, Eric Weiss wrote:
>Stephen Long wrote:
>> Also, is there a rule of translating similar to Occam's Razor,
>>that the simplest explanation is the most likely?
>OF COURSE NOT! Otherwise, no one would get any money for writing
commentaries! <grin!>
This is an interesting question. A translation is not a theorum, so
minimizing the number of factors involved in a translation isn't a
meaningful statement to me. And a simple translation of a complex sentence
is not necessarily better if it loses the tone or meaning of the original.

Texcel Research

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]