Re: Definition of terms

From: Paul R. Zellmer (
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 22:54:13 EDT

George Athas wrote:
> > It stands for "In My Honest Opinion".
> Jonathan and Jim both said that IMHO stands for "In my *humble* opinion". Well IMHO, I thought it was
> "In my honest opinion". IMHO, I guess that's a mistake on my part. Please accept my humble apology.
> ;-^)

Actually, George, according to an old list of abbreviations for IRC,
both "humble" and "honest" are recognized interpretations. Please don't
ask me to chapter and verse this, because I have no idea now where I saw
it. I merely recall other abbreviations like LOL (Laugh out loud), ROFL
(Roll on floor laughing), and the like. Of course, IMO is safer because
it is not as ambiguous (IMHO).

Ibanag Translation Project
Cabagan, Isabela, Rep. of Philippines