Re: Church Polity and 1 Tim 2:12

From: Carl W. Conrad (
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 06:50:06 EDT

I really wish that we might studiously avoid bringing into list discussion
matters of ecclesiastical polity (now that we're already (lamentably, IMHO)
pretty deeply involved in a discussion of Biblical doctrine of gender
roles. This is a matter on which there are widely divergent understandings
of the meaning and implication of the Biblical texts from different
faith-perspectives, and I think we do far better zeroing in on the right
way to understand the Greek of distinct verses or passages in their very
immediate context.

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List
Summer: 1647 Grindstaff Road/Burnsville, NC 28714/(828) 675-4243 OR

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]